Under general supervision, ensures the safety & comfort of members of an outdoor aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies and providing excellent customer service.
Maintains staff and member safety, order, and discipline at the assigned aquatics facilities. Performs emergency water-rescue techniques to assist persons in distress, applies CPR, and administers standard first aid when necessary. Assists in the implementation of aquatics programs and special events. Explains and interprets operational and programmatic rules and regulations to pool patrons; enforces or refers enforcement to proper authorities. Ensures general safety, cleanliness, and appearance of club amenities including pool, pool areas, restrooms, showers, and concession areas when able to do so without distraction from lifeguarding responsibilities. Performs related work as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
CPR Certified; Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized professional source of training. Available to work starting mid-May (pre-opening preparations) to end of summer season including Memorial and Labor Day weekends, and 4th of July.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
• Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
• Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
• Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
TO APPLY: Please click on the "APPLY DAY" button below to submit your application.
QUESTIONS? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org